Monday, September 1, 2008

Cotton Velour Newborn Diapers

So I have a goal of making 6 diapers a week. Here is what I made last week-- Yes I know it is only 4 diapers but I came down with a nasty cold and didn't quite make my goal.
These diapers are made with very soft cotton velour that has a nice little stretch to it. I used the same pattern as with previous newborn diapers I made recently-- I just have the seams on the inside of these. The pink one is velour on the inside and a soft stretch terry (pink) on the outside. For those who are looking very closely, I am experimenting on the placement of the snaps so they are not all the same snap-wise. The sewn in soaker is 100% cotton terry fabric-- double layered. For newborns, it really isn't necessary for them to be really absorbent since you change them so frequently. The biggest issue is to keep the poops in. That is one of the nice things about cloth diapers-- they don't leak poops as much as disposables!
These are considered "fitteds" and will need a diaper cover. They will fit approx 5-12 lbs (which is just about 2 weeks for my babies!). Total softness- wish you could feel them for yourself!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

ok, what are the things in the middle on the last picture. I am trying to figure out how that works.

Amanda said...

It is just a picture of the diapers opened up so you can see the insides. The diapers are overlapping a bit. Does that answer your question?

Mandy said...

ok, I see. I couldn't tell that they were overlapping. It looked like the last picture was one diaper for some reason. The flash was too bright or something so it all blended together. Thanks. How are you feeling these days?